The Agility 3 is a lightning-fast SSD based on the SandForce SF2281 controller, but unlike its “big brother” in OCZ’s lineup, the Vertex 3, the Agility uses asynchronous NAND Flash modules that cost less and is a bit slower in the IOPS department, but it makes up for it with a much more attractive price tag. With this deal it is even more attractive: $169.49 including free shipping, which appears to be an unmatched offer at this writing.
In terms of performance, the Agility 3 is still one of the speediest drives on the market, with sequential reads and writes of up to 525MB/s and 500MB/s respectively. For random 4K writes it puts out 50,000 IOPS sustained up to a 80,000 IOPS maximum. These numbers are valid when running the drive over its native SATA III 6Gbps interface, although it is fully backwards compatible with the older SATA II standard.
- SATA III/6Gbps interface backwards compatible with SATA II/3Gbps
- ECC Recovery: Up to 55 bits correctable per 512-byte sector (BCH) (varies depending on exact configuration)
- Certifications: RoHs, CE, FCC
- Form Factor: 2.5 inches
- Life Expectancy: 2 million hours Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF),
- Max Read: up to 525MB/s, Max Write: up to 280 MB/s, 4KB Random Write: 50,000 I/O Per Second (IOPS), Controller: SandForce 2281
List Price: $255.99